In today’s challenging environment our customers demand high quality products and services. Material ordered must be to the correct dimensions and specifications with prompt delivery to meet deadlines.
SPS’s culture is one of total commitment to quality.
To ensure that we consistently supply materials and service to the highest possible standards, our quality management systems are audited and certified by LRQA and approved to the International Standard ISO 9001:2015.
- Material fully certified to EN 10204 3.1 or 3.2 as required
- All material is supplied with mill certificates and hard stamped for full traceability
- Additional third party inspection is available at your request
- SPS are able to provide advice and information on steel specifications and welding data when required
When specific applications require material with additional testing, SPS provides a complete testing service using independent UKAS approved test houses. All testing carried out would be either Lloyds,DNV or other third party witnessed. Additional testing available includes the following:
- Charpy Impact testing • Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- HIC to NACE specifications • Hardness testing
- Through thickness testing (T.T.T.) • Chemical and physical analysis
- Ultrasonic testing (U.T.) • Pellini drop weight tear tests
- Mechanical results in the Simulated Post Weld Heat Treated condition (PWHT) as per customers specification.
SPS stock material is ordered to both international and SPS ‘in-house’ specifications. These ‘in-house’ grades have more stringent physical, chemical and testing requirements than the equivalent national and international standards to ensure that the maximum number of customer and project modifications can be met.